Segmenting users based on their interactions with your website is a powerful strategy in programmatic advertising. By creating targeted audiences, you can deliver personalized messages and improve the effectiveness of your campaigns. With ad:personam Self Serve DSP, you have the ability to harness the Universal Pixel's insights and create audiences based on specific page visits. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of creating an audience in ad:personam, empowering you to effectively segment users and drive better campaign performance.
Connecting to the Universal Pixel:
The Universal Pixel, a versatile feature in ad:personam, enables you to track and measure key events on your website. By leveraging the insights provided by the Universal Pixel, you can create audiences based on specific page visits. These audiences can then be used for retargeting and delivering tailored messages to users who have shown interest in your products or services. The Universal Pixel simplifies the process by offering a single implementation that can be used for both tracking events and segmenting users. Now, let's dive into the step-by-step process of creating an audience in ad:personam Self Serve DSP.
Access the Snippet Section
1.1. Log in to your ad:personam Self Serve DSP account and navigate to the Snippet section related to your advertiser.
1.2. Look for the “Marketing Audience” option and click on the “+ icon” next to it. This will initiate the creation process for a new audience.
Configure the Audience
2.1. In the form that appears, you will find various fields to configure your audience.
2.2. The “Name of the audience” field allows you to provide a unique and descriptive name for your audience.
Define the URL Condition for Segmentation
3.1. Specify the URL condition (rule) for segmenting users based on their page visits. For example, if you want to create an audience of users who have visited a specific page, enter the URL in the appropriate field.
Select the Page Category for Audience Segmentation
4.1. Choose the appropriate page category that aligns with your segmentation objective from the available options.
- Page View: Select this option if you want to segment users based on every visit to any page of your website. This category provides insights into overall website traffic and engagement.
- Landing Page: If you want to segment users who have visited your website after being served an ad, choose the Landing Page category. This allows you to measure the effectiveness of your ad campaigns in driving traffic to specific landing pages.
- Item View: Select Item View if you want to segment users who have visited pages on your website that display one or more products or services. This category is particularly useful for e-commerce businesses to monitor product views and optimize their offerings.
- Add to Cart: If you want to segment users who have added one or more of your products or services to their shopping cart, choose Add to Cart. This helps you understand the effectiveness of your website in converting visitors into potential customers.
- Start Checkout: Choose Start Checkout if you want to segment users who have initiated the checkout process on your website. This allows you to analyze the user journey and identify any potential drop-off points in the conversion funnel.
- Purchase: Select Purchase if you want to segment users who have made confirmed sales of your products or services. This category provides valuable insights into your revenue generation and allows you to measure the success of your online transactions.
- Lead: If your goal is to collect lead information, such as email addresses or zip codes, from people interested in your business, choose Lead. This category helps you monitor lead generation efforts and evaluate the effectiveness of your lead capture forms.
By selecting the appropriate page category, you can precisely segment your audience based on their specific interactions with your website. This enables you to deliver targeted messages and optimize your advertising efforts for maximum effectiveness.
Create Your Audience
5.1. Once you have completed the form, click on the “Create Audience” button to finalize the creation of your audience.
By following these steps, you have successfully created an audience in ad:personam Self Serve DSP. This audience is now ready to be used for retargeting campaigns or delivering tailored messages to specific user segments. Leveraging the power of audience segmentation allows you to optimize your ad targeting, improve engagement, and drive better campaign performance.
Remember, the Universal Pixel serves as the foundation for creating audiences based on user interactions. By connecting the Universal Pixel and utilizing its tracking capabilities, you can unlock valuable insights and target your advertising efforts more effectively.
Start leveraging the power of audience segmentation in ad:personam Self Serve DSP and elevate the performance of your programmatic advertising campaigns.