Formatting Ad Tags:
When formatting ad tags, it's important to follow industry standards and best practices. Here are some general recommendations:
- Utilize clickTag: Use the clickTag variable to ensure accurate click tracking. The clickTag variable allows ad servers to dynamically assign click URLs to ads. For example, the clickTag format for a click-through URL could be: clickTag=https://example.com.
- Ad Server Macros: Ad server macros are placeholders that are replaced with dynamic values when the ad is served. Common ad server macros include %%CLICK_URL_ESC%%, which is used for URL encoding, and %%ADID%%, which represents the unique ad ID. Ensure that macros are properly formatted and replaced with the appropriate values.
Uploading Third-Party Tags:
To upload third-party tags in ad:personam, follow these steps:
- Create a customer support request by visiting the following link: ad:personam Support Request.
- Once the support ticket is generated, our team will traffic the ad tags, which usually takes up to 24 hours.
- After the tags are processed, they will be made available on the platform for you to use.
- Recommendations for Third-Party Tags: When using third-party tags, it's essential to adhere to the technical requirements and guidelines to ensure a smooth experience. Here are some recommendations:
- Technical Requirements:
- Animated ads must have a duration of 30 seconds or less.
- Ads should open in a new tab or window only.
- Avoid auto-initiated audio, as it is frequently blocked by publishers.
- Ensure that the ad successfully delivers the user to an acceptable landing page in a separate browser tab upon click interaction.
- The actual dimensions of the ad content should match the dimensions configured for the creative.
- Creatives must not use local shared objects (LSOs) such as Flash cookies or other storage mechanisms that store user data.
- Creative Landing Pages:
- Landing pages must open in a new tab or window without navigating away from the publisher's page.
- The landing page should align with the language, brand, and offer presented in the creative.
- Landing pages must meet content standards set by ad:personam.
- Clicking on an ad must not initiate a download of any file.
- Landing pages must meet ad:personam's standards for a seamless user experience.
- Content Requirements:
- Prohibited content includes tobacco, weapons, nudity, defamatory/hate content, illegal activities, profanities, or spyware.
- Avoid offers of free gifts, links to quizzes and surveys, misleading claims, and references to sex or sexuality.
- The language used in the landing page must match the language of the creative.
- Audited creatives will be categorized based on the content of the landing page.
- Sensitive categories will be flagged and categorized if the content or offers may be potentially sensitive for some sellers.
- Each creative should represent a single discernible brand or product offering. Combining multiple brands to make a single offer is accepted.
- Creatives should not rotate brands. Brands must be on the ad:personam brands list, which is continuously updated.